Sigmatope Crawler Control Devices
- The instauro Sigmatope is designed to replace conventional pipeline crawler isotope signalling devices.
- The Sigmatope is designed to work with a matching magnetic detector box. This supersedes the conventional GM (Geiger–Müller) Radiation detector box.
Magnetic Detector Box
- The Sigmatope and detector are designed for use in conventional seamless carbon steel pipes in the thickness range 12 – 40 mm.
- WARNING: When activated the Sigmatope produces a strong magnetic field and care should be taken around sensitive electronic devices, credit cards and medical implants.
- ON/OFF Key switch power control.
- Power on indication by Green LED on top panel and flashing Green indicator on T Handle.
- Low battery indication on top panel by Red LED and Flashing Red indicator on T handle.
- Lock out indication by a blue LED on the top panel, this will disable all other indicators including T handle indicators.
- NOTE: A lock out indication will be automatic and will stop operation of the Sigmatope when the battery power is insufficient to give satisfactory and safe operation.
- Long Battery operation life
- Fast re-charge time.
- Light, easy to position and signal as per conventional isotope T Type devices.
- Adjustable signal strength in 16 switchable stages.
MAGNETIC DETECTOR BOX:
- One Detector for all pipe wall thicknesses.
- High/Low steel thickness switchable operation.
- Adjustable detector sensitivity.
- Visible indication of detector activity.
- Easy adjustment of detector sensitivity.